RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
- - It is a system which regulates the use of hazardous substances that can impair recyclability or cause environmental pollution problems in the
process of manufacturing electronic products as well as waste disposal and recycling of electrical and electronic products for final products.
- - In accordance with the 2002/95 EU directive, electrical and electronic products cannot be sold on the market if they contain lead (Pb),
cadmium (Cd), mercury (Hg), hexavalent chromium (Cr6+), PBB, PBDE and 4 phthalates (BBP, DBP, DIBP, DEHP) above the standard.
- - IK Semicon Co., Ltd. complies with RoHS regulations for semiconductor products manufactured and sold in accordance with these EU guidelines.
REACH (Registration Evaluation Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals)
- - A new Chemical Substances Control Act was enacted for the purpose of protecting human health and the environment from chemical substances and enhancing and maintaining the competitiveness of the EU chemical industry.
- - As a chemical management system that mandates registration, reporting, evaluation, permitting, and restrictions for all chemical substances manufactured or imported in an amount of 1 ton or more per year within the EU, it was implemented on June 1, 2007.
- - IK Semicon Co., Ltd. manages and implements semiconductor products manufactured and sold in accordance with EU REACH management standards.